Thursday, February 19, 2004

Don't Cry, Argentina

I have this habit, or rather, propensity, for just making words up. I'll be in the middle of a conversation, either by e-mail or on the phone or even in person, and random-off-the-wall-whatever will just come out of my mouth. It's out before I even think anything through. Some say this is genius, I say it's evidence of my weirdness and possible insanity. Granted, it's always good for a laugh; it is well known that I'm cheap entertainment. And sometimes it can even work it's way into the vernacular within my circle of friends. Following are just a few examples with thier possible interpretations.

1. "Age-appropriate whimsy" This is in reference to adults, which we presumably are, partaking in what might be considered child-like behavior. Notice I did not say childish. This exercise will cultivate goofiness and loveablity. Age-appropriate whimsy includes, but is not limited to: coloring at dinner parties, coloring by oneself, watching cartoons, and talking in funny voices.

2. "Droolylove" When you can call your love, obsession or what-have-you, "droolylove", you know it's real. You have to experience it to know it, and you won't know it until you do. For instance, this is how I've felt about Johnny Depp since I was about 12.

3. "Totallyrocks" I believe this phrase was first coined in reference to Tammy, who really does totallyrock. Again, it's something that you'll know when you know and not until then.

4. "Argentina" Really, it's all about taking culteral and politcal icons and twisting words from thier musical into names for your friends. How's that for weird and convulated.

Thus concludes our first lesson in "catisms".

No comments: