Friday, March 14, 2003

The Friday Five ( and yes, at some point I will make a real post. I am lazy and incoherent. bad cat!)

1. Do you like talking on the phone? Why or why not?
I do, partly because over e-mail you don't get to hear the person's voice and it's easier to tell if they are joking or not. However, I suppose that mainly applies to those who live too far away for me to just drive over and see. If they are that close, I'd sometimes rather just hang out.

2. Who is the last person you talked to on the phone?
My brother, Joe-Joe Beanhead.

3. About how many telephones do you have at home?
Including my cell, I have 2. Actually, there is a third one that is not plugged in (I only have one jack, but use the third phone when the power goes out).

4. Have you encountered anyone who has really bad phone manners? What happened?
I have gotten those calls when someone asks you who they are speaking too. I hate that. You called me, tell me who you are first, dork. No, I'm not bitter.

I did get a wrong number call once where the woman was just yelling into the phone and I couldn't get in that she had the wrong number. This was at 5am. And she called twice.

5. Would you rather pick up the phone and call someone or write them an e-mail or a letter? Why or why not?
It depends. The phone is great, but you couldn't talk to someone all day at work on the phone. Letters (real ones) are sometimes better to get than e-mail, but on the e-mail you can have more of a conversation. I like all three, just for different reasons and for different times. Yes, I am a complex woman.

No comments: