Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The Outer Circumstances

Lately, I find Frasier hilarious.

Diet Dr. Pepper has been dubbed by my favorite almost-two-year-old as “Cat’s water”. How right he is.

Airtran lost one of my bags. So far, irrevocably. What makes me upset about that is the fact they lost my gifts, not just my pair of jeans and shampoo. Things that mostly can be replaced, but for me the fact that these things already had sentiment behind them and now they are lost is sad.

Still not sleeping/dreaming well.
Still hitting a barrier.
Still alone.

Except of course, for me and my cookie dough and pizza. Disgusting, I tell you. I even got a craving for lo mein, which I don’t even really like anymore due to the salty and greasy factor.

Still working on Plans That Cannot Be Mentioned on Blog. Holding out some optimism and not giving way to superstition considering how my new year started out.

Have entertained the idea that I need to get used to how things are, that this is just my life and how it will be.

Not yet given in to that idea. Optimism can be a pain in the butt, even when tempered with realistic thinking.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

no no no! don't give up hope. present circumstances do not often dictate outcome!!

also, i hate airtran for losing your bag - john legend AND rachael ray AND jason bateman!!!

also, diet dr. pepper is yumms!

also, you are less alone than you think and just lovely.

that is all for now.

cat said...

I'm just weary, not given up yet:) But definately weary of crap. And i know i'm not alone in that 'you're never alone' kind of way, but dang am i alone--this woman could use a wingman/woman/cat.:)

OH! i found mr. legend in my carry-on. but not my sushi oven mitts g made for me. so one boyfriend found, one to go:)

Unknown said...

I can so sympathise with the not sleeping bit. That always seems to poison me for the day. I can also sympathise with the lonely part. I have days where I can feel alone sitting with my wife watching A. play play play. I can be having fun talking with friends and still feel alone. That's about the worst feeling I've ever had. I hope you find some one or way to get back to feeling some thing other than alone. That sucks. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Sending happy fun thoughts your way.
- from the super hairy lesion brained boy way down here in MD