Monday, November 13, 2006

If There was a Pill to Cure Laziness, I Might Just Look Into That

Today marks my at long last Return to the Gym. Oddly, walking into my small, no-frills gym that does not smell baby fresh but a bit more on the side of clearly-people-are-working-out-in-here was comfortable and somehow...energizing I guess. I was psyched to get moving again, though five minutes into my ArcTrainer time I was sorta ready to go home. I stuck it out, and when I was done I was even motivated to do some weights. Motivation has sadly been lacking from life at the moment. Maybe this will usher in a new era of Cat Gets Things Done.

I'm also biding time at the moment until I can call Ruth at a reasonable hour. As the mom to a newborn I'm sure she's up now (its about 9am thier time) but I figure I'll give her some time to settle into her day. In the meantime, I've called the landlady to let her know that the hot water scarce (this is after putting in a new hot water heater), run to the grocery store for tomorrow's birthday dinner, and called the cable company to refute a charge of $175 for unclaimed equipment. $175. Crazy.

I have some work to do for the future not-so-secret Plans That Cannot Yet be Discussed on the Blog and that is where I really need to get some motivation. I can be so lame, putting off things that are only going to be good for me.

2 comments:

nanni said...

I am sooo bad with the gym. I should totally go tonight. I have no other plans at all except to watch Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars and perhaps be crafty. Yet I am not going. I will blame it on me being hungry and not having a good pre-gym snack. But we all know it is that deep down I am just incredibly lazy.

cat said...

I had to tape GG, but I know I won't approve. Boo.