Friday, April 14, 2006

No Greater Love

While I was clearly capable of doing a cheesy Christmas on my feelings around Christ, I have a difficult time articulating my thoughts and feelings when it comes to the Easter season. In some ways, it is even more ingrained and personal and I find it hard to express my deep gratitude, sadness and joy when I contemplate what this day and Sunday mean for me. Above all, the Easter season is my favorite and holds a special place in my life. It is so much more of a time for an inward focus for me, and perhaps that is why. My relationship with my Savior is one that I hold very close to the heart and not so much on my sleeve, one that has comforted me and graced me through every difficult trial and time in my life. One that has consistently given me both hope and the space for sadness and grief.

This year I have been mulling on a few things that I need to work on; as there always will be room for growth. This year there are a few things that Christ's sacrifice is showing me anew, giving me different perspectives on how to be...more. More like Him.

And in all that, there is the comfort and peace and stillness in knowing that because I will never measure up I can rely on his Grace. I know that while I do my best and still am not perfect, it is okay. He makes all sufficient.

Today I will remember the Jesus who was acquainted with sorrow, the One that bled and suffered for my sake; for the sake of those that help me and the sake of those who harm me. I know that He loves me more than I can comprehend. I know that He died and suffered in part so that I could be comforted by him. And I am.

1 comment:

jasmine said...

I think that you put it perfectly well. Much better than I. I love you and think the world of you, by the way.