Monday, November 14, 2005

Letter

Dear Internet,

Today I am tired. I am tired of data coming in and having deadlines. I am tired of having meetings, at work and at church. I am tired of training. I am tired of feeling tired and drained and blah. Just the thought of all the stuff I am going to have to do for my church calling is making me more tired than I already am. I get emails asking me to do things I should already be doing (hello visiting teaching) and they make me tired. Because, I am tired. I am tired of finding problems and having to fix them. I am tired of tiresome clients with never ending issues. I am tired of being great for getting problems dumped on, but not much else. Right now, being accessible and flexible and all good for whatever is making me tired. I am tired of people coming into my cubicle when an impersonal but less time-consuming email will suffice. I am also tired of people coming into my cubicle to tell me what an email just said and that also, says everything, so that coming into my cubicle to repeat it is totally unnecessary. I am also tired of being patient.

This is my declaration of tiredness and I hereby state for the record that I am very tired.

Best!
Catchka, Duchess of Wearyness

P.S. I do hope to get to bed on time tonight. Maybe tomorrow will not be so tiresome. Or whiny.

3 comments:

nanni said...

Reading that made me tired for you! You have lots on your plate. And I think that would be partly due to your being so nice and helpful and all. So just stop being so darn nice and good at your job and the church stuff and everything else and you wouldn't have nearly as much to do!

cat said...

But the thing is, when someone asks me what is new or what is going on, I have nothing to report. I'm a paradox!

Also, I clearly should start being mean. I'm already evil, so I think I can handle that.

Mary said...

Oh, catchka...how I love thee. I think thou art the meow of the catchka.

One mundane minute at a time, my love.

At least you have your fan club. Think of us every so often.