Thursday, April 28, 2005

Waffling

In the midst of other junk mail and bills yesterday, I got a postcard for one of the gyms close by my house. I was about to throw it away with everything else when the membership fee caught my eye - only 20 bucks a month and the first month free with the postcard.

I had thought about joining Bally's a long while back, but ultimately didn't really do anything about it. I have this condition known as Laziness, and it's actually really difficult to overcome. It is often accompanied by Rationalization and the two tend to exacerbate one another. I was also going on vacation, and doing things to get ready for that (namely crocheting my fingers off) and so didn't want to spend the money right then.

I think the difference is that now I am more frustrated and unhappy with the Evil pudgy Monster that has been taking over my body. It needs to be stopped. All my good intentions to exercise at home haven't been doing the trick, as they don't translate into actually doing it often enough. And I'm willing to spend 20 bucks a month at this point. And the gym is convenient enough, I can even make it on my way home. I need to investigate and see what the real deal is, and I may re-investigate Bally's. Either way, I think I just might finally get my butt in gear. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: