Friday, June 25, 2004

Everyone Just Wants Their Mr. Darcy

It's true, at least for most of the people I know, so that makes it pretty true for my little world. Even those most embittered, probably partly became that way by wanting their Mr. Darcy, and the most happy with their singleness, I bet would welcome him. It's the guy (speaking from my perspective) who's perfect for you, despite being anything but perfect himself. Everyone has their own set of do's and don'ts for him. Elizabeth did, and Bridget did and I do.

I'm telling you right now, I'm over being single. I'm accepting of it, but I'm not at a point where I think I'd be forever happy if it didn't change. I'm ready for some major romance, for a real love without the romance all the time, and for a partner to create the rest of our lives with. I don't have the next 10 years planned out with any precision, I simply don't know what it will bring. Part of that though, is that I do want the unexpected. Granted, I prefer for it to be the positive unexpected, but I'm not going to set everything out just so, as if I was just going to have dinner guests move in and out so as not to disturb anything. People, I want a man in my life. A good man.

I want my Mr. Darcy, even if no one else really does. There are requirements (in no particular order, and more than likely not inclusive):
A general positive attitude.
Slow to anger.
Not critical or judgmental of others.
Wants kids.
Fun! My kind of fun. I'm weird, let's remember that.
Completely charmed by my weirdness. None of this loving me in spite of who I am crap.
Someone who brings out the best in me, and vice versa.
Intelligence, and uses it.
A big heart, and uses it.
Sincerity.
Mutual attraction.
Mutual appreciation, understanding, and support.
A creative bent of some sort would be nice, but not necessary (see above mutual appreciation).

Is that really too much to ask for?

If it is, I'll just settle for Colin Firth.


No comments: