Friday, January 30, 2004

"Well, there's a feeling in the air/Just like a Friday afternoon./Yeah, you can go there if you want/Though it fades too soon..."

Sometimes I have these moments where I just feel content. I can’t quite explain it. There is something inside of me that just rests and something unnamable is understood. They come out of the blue and just hit me and I never know how long it’ll last. You feel like you’ve come home and everything is as it should be, whether it really is or not. Something just feels right and at peace. I’m sitting here at work where everything has gone rather quiet and I can only hear the air blowing through vent. There is nothing poetic or lovely about that, but I can tell you that this sort of peace is such a rare blessing. I know it does not come from me. I want to say its like changing into warm cotton pj’s after being soaked in a cold rain or like being wrapped up in the softest blanket, but that doesn’t really do this feeling justice. It’s more than that. You’d feel it even if sopping wet and cold. These moments are not granted to me that often. It’s almost like when I’m in the temple, not worrying about the world or about myself. It’s a reprieve, a sanctuary; I love these moments.

No comments: