Wednesday, June 18, 2003

Smackdown:

Craig,

I was not kidding when I told you yesterday to amuse yourself elsewhere. It is not acceptable for you to call me every night because you find it amusing. It bothers me that you do not respect me enough to stop calling all the time when I have made it clear that I do not wish for you to do so. I also specifically told you not to call after 11pm. It doesn’t matter if I’m sleeping, in the middle of something, or not, the fact of the matter is that you continue to violate boundaries. You need to stop it. I value your friendship; however, constantly calling is overbearing and harassing. I tried to say this nicely but you did not take the hint. Generally, once someone stops taking your phone calls, it’s understood that you shouldn’t be calling them and that they don’t want to talk to you. Please do not call me unless I explicitly ask you to. I don’t understand why you insist on violating boundaries and why you feel the need to call every single night but you do need to stop it. We cannot be friends if you do not respect me enough to behave like a friend and to back off when it is clear your behavior is upsetting.

No comments: