Monday, September 23, 2002

This weekend was alright. I did a lot with Leah, which kinda stressed me out because things seem to get to be a big production with her. Honestly, she can overcomplicate logistics or be so indecisive to where even I cannot make a decision about plans or something that she is not hesitant about. She is very sweet and nice and fun, I think she maybe a bit clingy though and I need to set boundaries with her. She reminds me a bit of Tricia in how some things tend to revolve more around her, especially when our friendship is still new. She is kinda high maintainence and needs a lot of attention and maybe that is what bugs me. We have not been friends for that long. So it's different than if a really good friend needs a lot from you at some point. I hope that doesn't sound snotty or mean on my part, I think I'm more of an independent person than her and I don't need to have someone around all the time or always have plans or am that needy. Anyway. That was kinda mean, sorry there.

Friday was a real production and stressful and I'd rather have bagged it trying to get together with her, but we did end up having some fun. Of course, I had to drive over to her place and then come up with what we were going to do. We hung about the city outside and got ice cream and checked a street band that a bunch of freshman were dancing to.

Saturday, after sitting at Midas for 3 hours and running errands and trying on clothes that make me look and feel fat at Old Navy, I met up with her to see Carmen, on the Common. Again, it was more of a production than it had to be to meet up but part of that couldn't be helped on her part. We ended up running into a few people from church who directed us to some good seats that a bigger group of them had secured. So we joined them, which I am very glad about. I got to talk to a few other people, including Necia, who cracks me up and is easy-going and fun.

I hope I got the point across without sounding like an uncaring or selfish person. I guess she is just not that independent and needs to cling. While I can identify with wanting a regular set of friends to hang out with and rely on, I don't think I'd be too needy about it or a leech, and I think I'd make more of an effort than Leah is to establish a real friendship based on more than just having that person to do something with or do things for you. I guess I just don't feel an emotional bond with her, where I think she does with me...it's just more social in my perspective. She called me her 'bestest bestest friend' on Sunday. Odd. Maybe she thinks that is just what people say and do when they hang out together. Like going through the motions without the real feeling behind it. Boundaries definately needed.

No comments: