Saturday, September 28, 2002

It's Saturday evening and I have my Stouffer's frozen lasagna in the oven and my comfy pants on and some old Nick Cage movie about teenagers having sex on the television. Pretty sad, I know. Some days I am sick of being girl, and/or sick of not having a guy around.

What really brought those feelings on today is the fact that my car is still sitting in Midas. I took piggy (the car) in last saturday because it was having a hard time starting. Of course, it started for them and I was told that they checked my plugs and filters and that they all seemed fine. And, because they did NOT want to just start replacing parts and so to leave it with them next Friday night so that it would be cold and not start for them Saturday morning. I sat around all day today. I waited and ate and watched television and napped and did not get to go Target or the bank or the grocery store or do laundrey. I finally called them around 3 pm. They were closing up and had not even looked at my car. I spoke with someone who is not the normal customer service guy and not the mechanic that looked at my car before. He asked me AGAIN what was wrong with the car. He suggested that they just give it a tune-up (presumably to be done Monday so I still would not have my car before then) and pay them $250.00 to just replace things. Of course, this is the opposite of what I was told before. I told him "no", I told him what I had been told the week before. He conceded that they could check out the parts before replacing them, so I okayed that course of action. Which, of course, was supposed to be done this morning! It's making me mad all over again just thinking about it. And the thing is, if I was a guy, I would not have this problem. I may sound like some disgruntled bitter feminist, but unfortunately this is how it often is when when you are a single woman trying to get your car fixed. You aren't listened to, the story changes or they just try to take you for a ride. Now, the normal customer service guy is nice, and knows who I am and I haven't had a problem before there. So now I have to call on Monday and complain and see what is going on. This is why I sometimes hate being a girl. Or why I need to be married, just to have a guy that can take care of this. Argh!!

I need to get back to my sad little movie since Nick is kissing some girl. I need to live vicariously through something. I just got the third set of new-baby pics from another couple who are friends of mine and first time parents. I love getting them, I love that all these people are parents, because they will be great ones. I love that they have not forgotten about me, what with being married and now parents. I love seeing what an icredible thing it is to be married and to have a family. I would also love to have some of my own at some point with a wonderful man that I married. But for now Nick Cage is going to have to do.

No comments: