Wednesday, July 10, 2002

this is just to post SOMETHING, quickly. my problem seems to be that way too much is spinning around in my head to ever make a coherent post, or one not as long as the last few:) i left on thursday for knoxville, for amanda's wedding, and returned on sunday. i had a great, fun weekend and the wedding was beautiful and the reception fun. shannan and i shared a hotel room (fun!) and darwin joined us later on friday night. we met up with friends from college, saw men in black 2, and basically just got to hang out. oh, and we took a short foray into the smokey mountains, which were beautiful, it was just a very hot day that day. i also was able to see an aunt on sunday that i hadn't seen in about 20 years...she is a very sweet, friendly lady that i very much enjoyed spending time with. i need to remember to send her thank you note for lunch. i wish we were closer to that side of the family...they are family and seem like such a fun bunch. reminds me that when my siblings and i have children, that i want to remain close.

wednesday night (before i left) gavin and i went out to see 'mr. deeds'. it was cute, funny, nothing to write home about but it was fun. and yes, he paid, although as to whether or not it was a real 'date', i am not so sure. i think maybe he was just being a nice guy, but he definately is interested. he called when i had just started packing and hadn't cleaned at all, and so i didn't want to go anywhere that night. so he offered to help me clean and after some discussion we decided on the movie. in any event, he drove me home and came in and actually washed my dishes. i don't think any guy, except for an out-of-town visitor, has ever done that before. maybe geoffrey, but only after he cooked dinner or something at my parent's house. that doesn't resolve any of my reservations or make me want to date him, but i am impressed nonetheless:) i also spoke with gavin for the first time since my return last night. you know he missed talking to me, even though he said nothing:) but he did have a date friday night. he called it 'going out...with a giiirl.' i'm glad though, it puts things in more perspective for me and takes some pressure off of me in regards to thinking about whether or not to date gavin, or what is going on. there is definately someone else out there who would be a better match for him, and if he could gracefully move me into the 'friend' category, as opposed to the 'friend with the potential' category, that would also be great. although it is very flattering that he is interested and part of me really enjoys that sort of attention.

No comments: