Friday, September 07, 2007

I just walked into my bedroom after taking a shower and some sort of winged insect literally the size of my thumb was upside down in the middle of my bedroom floor. It seemed odd, since I hadn't noticed something the size of a small bird flying around my apartment but I had to wonder if that is why I kept waking up last night. Maybe it was dive bombing on my head all night long. Not a pleasant thought. It seemed dead, so I nudged it and it seemed to remain dead--so I grabbed a paper towel, picked it up and it totally started moving its wings like a freaking hummingbird! I freaked out and dropped the thing. Here I'd like to mention that I'm of course only in underwear and I'm frantically looking for the biggest shoes I own in order to stomp the thing dead. Which I did, naturally, in hiking boots and my delicates.

That is my dramatic tale of the mysterious winged insect.

And I'd like to welcome myself back to the blogging world.

6 comments:

Kate said...

and what a great reentry post!

Anonymous said...

ure not cat in massachusetts any more......:(

nanni said...

Welcome back. I missed you.

Maybe a cicada? I saw a couple of those this weekend and they do that dead/not dead buzzy thing. Silly creatures.

cat said...

Thanks guys. We'll see if I can keep it up :):)

Unknown said...

Cat in her underwear screaming...what delightful imagery you grant in your comeback. woohoo.

need the silly smile icon here.

gotta love the bugs big enough to go bump in the night.

cat said...

no screaming per se.. just a yelp :) but i was frantically getting shoes on that would guard against that thing climbing all over my feet. ewness.