Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Yarnage:

(at least at one point I asked "Is this too much?")

The Comment by Roommate Fabulosa That Should Have Been a Post:

i have been told by mister that i am a yarnaholic, to which i reply, "i can quit anytime." he laughs and says, "that is the mantra of a yarnaholic." doh! he believes that i am ADDICTED to yarn, but he is actually mistaken. i am merely obsessed with yarn at the present time. i am in fact addicted to the CRAZY DEAL! and i think that i have sucked my roommate into the black hole of shameless bargain shopping. not only have i returned to michael's several times in the past couple weeks, last night i brought along my roommate. we were seen by passersby with overflowing baskets of yarn. one skein even jumped on the floor and tried to roll away! fortunately for us, we are bigger and faster than said yarn. ha! we were kind enough to leave a few paltry skeins of unattractive purple/orange yarn for other bargain hunters. at 25 cents a skein the ugly yarn was mildly tempting, but it was just too darn ugh! still we ran off with over 100 skeins of yarn, leaving empty yarn bins in our wake. it was quite the triumph for us!

7 comments:

nanni said...

And I thought I had too much yarn.... You guys are too funny. Hope you find fun things to make with it all.

jasmine said...

Ohh, ohh! Me, pick me! Can we have a yarn party? I mean wouldn't that be tons of fun?

cat said...

Hello ubiguitous. Do I know you? Yarn parties are always fun.

cat said...

oh, and g...NEVER too much yarn. such blasphemy!

Anonymous said...

i agree that there can never be too much yarn. that said, i do think that i have reached my yearly quota of paying for yarn early this year and must use some little exercised self-control and cut myself off. i have vowed at least 5 times in the past month that i did not really need any more yarn, but i am ending the month with about 100 skeins more than i started with. so, my shameful escapades (which mister enables by driving me to places where yarn is known to live) must stop, for now. so, i will sit quietly gazing at my yarn piles and giggling with glee until the next urge to hunt down some underpriced yarn strikes...

cat said...

i am giggling at the mental image of roommate fabulosa sitting on the couch, staring at yarn and doing the mr.-burns-evil-fingers whilst planning her next yarn attack:)

after my lack of impulse control at target tonight (even though i did not buy the oreos on sale!!) i probably could reign in the yarnage too:)

jasmine said...

Cat...I think you know me. Shall we play a guessing game and see if you can figure it out? I love guessing games! I also love giving people a hard time, it is one of my strengths after all....