Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Hello Internet! I Am Boring, How Are You?

When I was little and would go up to my Dad complaining that I was bored, he’d always respond with “Hi, Bored, I’m Dad”. Haha. In other words, “I think I’m funny, and now go away and find something to do with yourself”.

Here’s what I am doing with myself, and I’m not all that bored, but I’m sure you, the illustrious Internet, will find it boring.

1. Crocheting. Some things I am working on cannot be mentioned, but it let be known that presents are being made and also, probably new scarves and baby blankets.
2. Yarn shopping. I know, super exciting! Joann and AC Moore had good sales all at once last weekend. What else was a crazy woman to do?
3. Watching TV. I may have moved beyond the couch potato phase and become a couch-whore. 4. Contemplating career/life-changing choices. Which would be crazy, but this is me. I don’t think anything would happen NOW, but then I kinda think maybe sooner, and then I kinda think maybe later. Who knows? Not me, that’s for sure.
5. I have gone back to the gym! I have been feeling like a sausage stuffed into my pants, so I finally got my butt back in there. And it’s true that gyms get busier right after new years and I’d like to give memo to the new folks: get off my elliptical!
6. Making plans, though nothing has come to fruition yet. Tonight will be Harry Potter time though, and hopefully some other possible social engagements will be lining up.

I had a great and packed Christmas vacation, visiting friends and seeing my family and being a nomad who felt very loved by having to be nomad (better than just sitting at my parent’s house with no one wanting to see me). What was also great was coming home to Boston and not going back to work, but sitting around in my comfypants and sleeping in and going to Friendly’s twice in one week (sausage pants!).

Soon, Super G will be here, and there will be more craftiness and eating and fun times. And that Internet, you should find very exciting and not boring at all.

2 comments:

nanni said...

Well, I find that all very interesting. I mean... yarn and crocheting. I, personally, love that stuff. I also kinda feel like the sausage stuffed into my pants lately. Mostly around my stomach, when I sit down and it all pudges out over the waist even though the pants fit great when I am standing. So also back to the gym for me. On Sunday it wasn't crowded, but there were playoffs. Tonight I'm expecting TOO MANY people.

Also, I cannot wait to see you. It will be fun. And we shall eat yummy food and be very crafty!

Anonymous said...

okay, every once in a great while, i feel compelled to leave a long and rambling comment...

heehee, it makes me feel very loved that there are some things that "cannot be mentioned" because i am fairly certain that at least one item is for me! i am also quite behind in my holiday production and have unmentionable item(s) in partial completion for one roomie who always makes me feel loved.

i must admit that i am at least partially to blame for the yarn gluttony and also that i participated in some excessive and un-needed yarn buying from multiple places (joann.com; ebay; acmoore) this past week and am now cut-off.

i feel obligated to weigh in on the whole "sausage pants" phenomenon. today, i walked 2+ miles home from work just because. i felt very healthy and motivated then promptly ate lunch and took a nap. oh well. just remember to be kind to your self and your body, whatever shape or size it happens to occupy at the present moment. it still needs love, even as you are trying to banish portions of it!

i am personally all for the life-changes that you are considering! as my mother said to me before i started grad school--"you are going to turn 35 with or without a PhD. so, you might as well start now." just a little mom wisdom. she's right, you know.

also looking forward to seeing gianna and going to craft night on thursday!