Friday, September 17, 2004

No Naps for Bina

Once upon a time there lived a such a person as a Bina. A Bina was a very kind and honest and caring woman with eyes like a calm sea and curly hair. One sunny day one Bina in particular left her tidy apartment in the morning to go work, although she was very tired.

She met her friend, a such a person as a Catchka on the way to her job. A Catchka was a very sincere and funny and affectionate woman with eyes like the sky and hair that was most-times in a ponytail.

“Catchka, my dear friend, why are you out and about so early? It is still so early that I am very tired. Very tired, indeed!”

Catchka replied, “Oh, Bina! I am so glad that I ran into you this morning. I am just on my way to get bagels and apple juice. Orange juice is just too acidic for my stomach. You know, I’m just on my way to work, too!”.

Catchka and Bina walked together until they got to Melba Avenue, where they had to part ways. Bina worked on Melba Avenue West, while Catchka worked on Melba Avenue East.

“Here, my precious Bina, take some bagels and apple juice with you for sustenance, I can tell you need it. You’ve been yawing this whole time! I never seen anyone yawn so much! I hope you get to have a nap today”.

“Oh darling Catchka, whatever would I do without you? Thank you so much! Have a wonderful day!”

And the two friends went to their jobs.

*******************************************************************************
Bina was very very tired, more than she even knew. She got to her job, but being tired did not stop. It was very sad for Bina. She e-mailed her friend Catchka.

Dearest Catchka,

I am so very tired today and I do not know why. I slept and slept last night and ate the bagels and apple juice this morning and still I am so tired. Perhaps it is the carbohydrates. Please advise.

The Catchka was at her job, but it was not very busy, so she replied immediately to the Bina.

Bina of mine,

It must be the carbohydrates. I really think you should take a nap.

Catchka that the Bina loves,

I am too busy for naps. Today there will not be a nap for Bina. Please commiserate.

Oh Bina of the weariness,

Do not despair, the day will end and eventually the night will come and you will sleep again. And in the meantime I shall entertain you as best as I can.
****************************************************************************************************
After this the Bina felt much better. The Catchka kept her promise all day long, and when the day was over and Bina went home the night came and Bina went to sleep and had wonderful dreams of her and her friend, the Cathcka.

The End

No comments: