Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Unfaithful

I just made a hair appointment with a new hairdresser. I have to admit,
I'm a little nervous. I really like the way Jen cuts my hair, she can
deal with it's craziness and she's nice and it always looks so good. It
can take a while to find a good hairdresser. You have to go through the
ones that don't understand your hair, the ones that you swear do it
wrong on purpose so that you won't come back (thereby making you break
off the hairdressing with them), and the ones that may be nice, but just
aren't the right one.

But I think I might need to try someone new, just to see if I've been
missing anything. You never know what else could be out there and who
might might be even better. Better than Jen will be hard to find, but
clearly I'm not ready for real commitment. I've been seeing her for at
least 3 years now and maybe my hair needs a change.

So some friends from church recommended me to someone who they all say
is great. He is a very nice, very good gay hairdresser-man who loves his
Mormon clientele. He thinks we are the nicest. I hope that is enough to
get me a great hair cut. I wonder if he can handle how complex and needy
it is. I wonder if I'll hate and cry, or love it and decide to leave Jen
forever.

Leaving Jen would be sad, but not having the best hair possible may be
even sadder. I just hope she doesn't find out what I'm doing.

No comments: