Wednesday, September 10, 2003

Stalling

Sammie is sitting on my bed, there's loads of pressure. She's the writer. Today she arrived at the airport while I was still in the bathroom, on my way to baggage claim. We stopped at my old 'smurf' house, retrieved some mail that has not been forwarded and saw the 'Boston Public' high school. We arrived home and just like I knew it, she was completely charmed. Also, she fell in love with my 'boyfriend'.

I made bruschetta with artichokes as an appetizer. We ate by candlelight and Harry Connick, Jr. . I then made a salad with spinach greens and bacon and dried cranberries and other goodies. The highlight was homemade red clam sauce over angel hair pasta. Luckily, it all turned out well for her birthday dinner. We haven't had dessert yet (raspberry-marzipan coffee cake). It'll be delish!

I parceled out her presents over the meal. Bath and Body Works Cool Citrus Basil soap, spray and salt scrub. Very grown up and very pamper-y. The real presents, though, were prints of pictures I had taken, done in sepia tone. One for the past: a boat at sunset on the St. Mary's River. Two for the present: Sammie writing and a photo of the two of us. One for the future: the Eiffel Tower at night. She almost cried.

I love her.

No comments: