Friday, April 11, 2003

The Friday Five

1. What was the first band you saw in concert?
New Kids on the Block. 8th row center, Baltimore Arena. You're so jealous.

2. Who is your favorite artist/band now?
I never have a real favorite. Lately I've been listening to Jason Mraz, Ella Fitzgerald, John Mayer, Harry Connick Jr. and Matthew Kahler. And I have to plug Jim's Big Ego. That is a disproportionate number of men, maybe I've just really been wanting a man to sing to me. That being said, I also love the women singer-songwriters. I go through phases in what I listen to the most and my favorite-of-the-moment.

3. What's your favorite song?
Again, it's hard to have a favorite. I love "Song for a Winter's Night" by Sarah McLachlan. Lately I have the hugest grin whenever I hear "Let's Stay Together" come on the radio. I love the classic jazz love songs. Something conducive to a romantic moment (which of course is completely in my head).

4. If you could play any instrument, what would it be?
I'd like to be able to play the piano again. I've also always wanted to learn to play the guitar, something about the acoustic vibe.

5. If you could meet any musical icon (past or present), who would it be and why?
Given that I can't succinctly answer the above questions, do you really want me to get into this? Suffice it to say, I really don't know.

No comments: