Friday, October 18, 2002

I had engagement pictures taken in NH last weekend.

Now that you are reading, even though i am evil and have not posted in a loooong time, let me tell you that is not as exciting as it sounds. Really. Although cute-boy is the 'fiance' posed next to me.

Last weekend i went up to NH with a group of people to a house owned by Natalie's parents. It's in the woods by a state park and it is very relaxing up there. Anything goes and it is just all about hanging and doing whatever you want.

Well, the group went to the outlets. And cute-boy (D) and I went with N, because she helps people spend their money (not on her, on themselves). I picked out a light khaki-colored stretch skirt and a sort of burgundy/maroon colored silk turtleneck. We also picked out clothes for D and N did quite a bit of that while I was trying on my stuff. We bought our stuff and cute-boy realized we bought some matching clothes. He actually did well with the shopping and one of the outfits had light colored khakis and a red sweater. So he says we’ll have to model it together. A rule of NH house is that when you shop, we have a fashion show later and you show off what you bought. I was hesitant, I’d rather just hold up myclothes, but he’s insistent. I try the ' I haven’t shaved my legs' exuces, but it doesn't fly. So he gets me to do it. [And as a side note…I changed in the downstairs bathroom and stepped out and the crowd gave me a wow reaction, which I have not had in years] But then D came up from changing in the basement rooms (a nicely finished basement). So we’re standing there and I note that we should be in a catalog…we did look cute. He puts his arm around me and jokes. At this point the group says that we look like we’re getting engagement pics done…and D notes the fire is going in the woodstove…so we sit for our engagement pic photoshoot…seriously, they were all about taking our pic…very funny. And D figures we should play a joke on our pastor. D has keys to his office, and our pastor has engagement pics from members of the congregation who have gotten married. They just always give him one and he puts the on the wall around his desk. So the plan is to get the pics back and D will sneak in and just put ours up on the wall and wait to see when he notices. And what he says or does. Heehee. Pastor knows both of us pretty well…so it’ll be funny…and he is laidback that way. I'm a little afraid of what he might do, but it will be funny.

I know what you all are thinking. But the strange thing is, there was no connection or vibe at all between us. Not even a friend-y one. Even though I have had a crush on him (rather on the back burner kind of, but I can't help but notice that he is nice and cute and smart. I know, doesn't sound so back-burney. But I realized nothing is going to happen some time ago). Usually when you are interacting with someone there is some kind of 'this person is another human being' sort of connection. But zippo people. We were interacting more with our ‘audience’ than with each other.

He’ll strike up conversations with other people…but is really quiet around me for some reason. I don’t get it. I must really weird him out or something. Or intimidate him with my beauty (ha!) but I really don’t think that’s it. We shall see. I am trying to think of a way to trick my parents. The problem with that is that they may then latch onto this random guy in a photo with thier daughter. I'm just waiting for what our bishop's response will be. Hee.

No comments: